Farm2Fork in partnership with West Rand Mega Park
As we navigate this uncharted territory associated with COVID-19, we have seen an increase in the number of vulnerable people in our communities. This is as a result of the number of daily-wage earners, contractors, temporary labour and Adhoc workers being unable to derive a stable income during this period.
The increase in vulnerable individuals has led us to address this need by helping to streamline the agri-processes and cost to fulfil this additional demand. Furthermore, the supply chain of fresh produce has been disrupted by the shutdown of major sectors of the economy, leaving surplus produce not able to gain access into the market.
To be considered to participate in the supply-chain process related to COVID & beyond, we would like you to complete the following surveys:
- Farmer Information Survey (Part 1): Key Farmer Information
- Farmer Information Survey (Part 2): Additional product & farm information
Don’t miss out on this opportunity by capturing your details in the links above.
West Rand Mega Park
Maximum Group is developing a unique industrial, International Agri City and Fresh Produce Market to enable logistics, light industrial, food processing and production in Protea Glen, Soweto.
- A new Industrial and International Agri City – West Rand Mega Park – will address these needs.
- This facility will serve the immediate needs of Soweto, Klerksdorp, Fochville and Western Gauteng – Westonaria, Randfontein, Krugersdorp as well as Lenasia, Eldorado Park.
- Western Gauteng is known to be called” the fresh produce basket of Gauteng” – as some 40% of all fresh produce supplied in Gauteng comes from this region.
- Currently, there is no Industrial, Agricultural facility or Fresh Produce Market to meet the region’s needs.
- City Deep Fresh Produce market is 40 kilometres away. The distance and time required to reach it can add significantly to the cost and delivery time and charges of the produce.
West Rand Mega Park has been designed with Industrial Symbiosis in mind more information.
We thank you for your participation in the process and your consideration to partner on the food security issue in South Africa & beyond. We will be in touch in the future on updates.